Note: This web site is only kept up to date for OSG Software
1.2 (VDT 2.0.0). If you are looking for information for the most recent
release, the RPM-based OSG Software 3.0, please see
the OSG documentation web site
March 28, 2002 Agenda
- VDT support issues
- mailing lists up and working?
- RUST system in place at UW?
- UTB query answered?
- GIIS for the lab
- GOC (specifically ISI) will set up and Indiana will maintain
- details for how VDT should be configured need to be worked out;
- grid-mapfiles for the lab
- same situation as the GIIS. GOC team will set up a server from
which signed grid-mapfiles can be downloaded.
- need volunteer to coordinate details about how VDT should be configured
- CA certificates for the lab
- GOC team will again set up a server from which signed
grid-mapfiles can be downloaded
- "default" appears to be the DOE ScieceGrid ESnet CA, so need to
get a copy and include in VDT
- Testing and Evaluation of VDT 1.0
- Propose that each experiment representative download and install
version 1.0 for evaluation, or assign task to somebody else in
- Report experiences at next telecon in two weeks.
- CMS........Eric Aslakson
- ATLAS......Saul Youssef
- LIGO.......Scott Koranda
- VDT interoperability testing for the future
- What type of testing should be done? Should it be automated or
- What exactly do we want to test?
- How would testing by this group complement (or not) testing done
by NMI folks and others?
- How should results of testing be published?
- Proposal to have call weekly
- alternate weeks between primarily GriPhyN VDT issues (development,
packaging, ...) and iVDGL VDT issues (deployment, testing, ...)
- goal is NOT to seperate GriPhyN/iVDGL but the opposite, to bring
VDT work on both sides closer together
- April meeting
- Sessions on "Deploying GriPhyN Solutions", "VDT", "VDT-EDG
Interoperability"; can we have Ruth explain her vision for what these
sessions will discuss?
- What should this group have prepared for the April meeting?
- Question: Should we simply create a "VDT Working Group" that spans
iVDGL/GriPhyN in the same way that the Outreach/Education Working
Group does, and do away with this distinction between "GriPhyN VDT"
and "iVDGL VDT"?