Note: This web site is only kept up to date for OSG Software
1.2 (VDT 2.0.0). If you are looking for information for the most recent
release, the RPM-based OSG Software 3.0, please see
the OSG documentation web site
June 27, 2002 Minutes
- Alain was not able to make the call, but Saul explained that when
Alain returns he and Alain are to finish with Pacman 2.0 and get the
next VDT release out the door, most likely on the timescale of 3 weeks
- It was noted that Alain is of critical importance for this project
and others and that substantial progress cannot be made without him.
It was suggested we take out a life-insurance policy on Alain. :-)
- Saul reported that Pacman 2.0 is available now in a pre-release
version, and people are welcome to download and look at it. It is
being used to rollout the next version of the US ATLAS testbed. Saul
also reported on discussions with Tony Wildish and the CMS production
group on testing Pacman to rollout US CMS production software. The
possibility of adding a '-logfile' option to Pacman so that output is
saved to a file was discussed.
- Mike Wilde was not on the call so we do not have a Chimera update.
- Ewa Deelman was not on the call so we do not have an update on a
system for disseminating grid-mapfiles and the like. Scott will
follow up with Ewa.
- Vanderbilt agreed to try and install the next release of the VDT
(that Alain and Saul will prepare when Alain returns). They will
work closely with Scott and when necessary Alain and Saul. We will try
to find a mechanism whereby their experiences on configuration can be
fed back into VDT and Pacman development. In addition they will keep
notes so that their experiences can feed back into a VDT Installation
and Configuration HOWTO.
- A teacher (Michael Hand) is working with Ruth and will be available
for testing documention.
- The draft of the VDT release policy will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
and email@example.com for project-wide approval.
- James Letts reported progress on developing scripts to test a VDT
installation. Currently his scripts run gdmp_ping, then try to
register and publish a local file, and then try to run a job with
- The PIs, experiment representatives, and Miron (representing the
VDT) will hold a meeting July 15 to hammer out MOUs. A VDT MOU is
expected to come out of that meeting.