System requirements for VDT 1.1.14
VDT 1.1.14 runs on RedHat 7.x and RedHat 9.0. It may work on other
Linux releases, but we do not guarantee it.
VDT 1.1.14 takes different amounts of space depending on the operating
system you use and the portions of the VDT you install on. On RedHat
9, a full VDT installation is about 500MB.
- Pacman The VDT is installed with Pacman. For VDT 1.1.14, we recommend
Pacman 2.116. Until Pacman 3 is officially released, we do not
recommend using it.
- Python Pacman 2.116 requires Python
1.5.2 or later. This is usually installed on RedHat Linux
computers, so it should not be a problem for you. An easy way to check
the version you have is to run python, then type control-D to exit
Python 1.5.2 (#3, Jun 11 2001, 17:43:55) [GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (release)] on linux2
Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam
- gcc Although most of the VDT is installed as binaries, the
GNU C compiler (gcc) is required for a few portions of the
installation. We recommend using the gcc that is distributed with your
operating system. For RedHat 7.2, that is gcc 2.96. For RedHat 9.0,
that is gcc 3.2.2.
- Perl The VDT requires a complete Perl installation.
- tar Make sure that you are using the GNU tar version
1.13.12 or later.
- patch The VDT uses patch--any recent version is sufficient.