Testing VDT 1.2.0
Thanks for agreeing to test VDT 1.2.0! Your efforts are most appreciated.
Step 1: Ease in with a non-root installation
The first test you should do is the most basic: install the VDT according
to the directions as non-root.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Watch the installation: do you see anything odd happen, or any errors?
- Do you see any problems with the installation directions?
- Look through vdt-install.log after the installation. Do you see any errors?
- Source the setup file. Did it work?
- Run condor_master then condor_q: do you see an empty queue? Go ahead
and kill Condor.
- Can you do a grid-proxy-init? A globusrun?
Step 2: Do a root installation
Now do a root installation.
Setup the servers during installation. Ask all of the questions from the above list.
Step 3: Certification Testing
Run the certification tests. What worked? What failed?
Step 4: Extra things
For extra credit, consider any of the following tasks:
- Install on both RedHat 7 and RedHat 9. Do all of the above.
- Develop new tests for the certification testing.
- Run a heavy load of jobs with this VDT.
Step 5: Tell us
Tell the VDT team what you found: firstname.lastname@example.org.