VDT 1.2.1 Release
We are pleased to announce the release of VDT 1.2.1. Since this
release is part of a stable series we've tried to keep the changes to
a minimum. This looks very similar to VDT 1.2.0. If you are happily
using VDT 1.2.0, you probably do not need to upgrade.
- New Supported Platform:
- VDT 1.2.1 is supported on Debian Linux 3.1 (sarge). You can
install it in two ways: with Pacman using the normal
installation method, or you can install a subset of the VDT as
- New Features:
- There is now an optional package that can be installed called
Gatekeeper-Authz. This implements gatekeeper callouts for
authorization, to allow alternative authorization mechanisms to be
- Bug Fixes:
- The xinetd setup for GSI logs HOST instead of USERID, so we
avoid use the ident protocol.
- doe-grid-cert-request is now installed properly
- MonaLisa no longer users the grid3 group by default
- KX509 standalone installs correctly. Previously it was missing a
- edg-mkgridmap now works on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Upgraded software:
- Condor 6.6.6
- Virtual Data System 1.2.13
- Java 1.4.2_05
- We fixed up the CA certificates. We added several CA's, to match
what is accepted by LCG: Belgium, Israel, Armenia, Pakistan, and
the new Slovak CA. A few other CA certs were dropped because they have
expired. These are the Dutch EDG Tutorial Worthless CA, the UK HEP
Testbed CA, and the old Slovak CA. The Polish Grid CRL URL file has
been fixed (this caused problems with edg-fetch-crl) and the Russian
CA has been updated.
To learn more, you can view
the main documentation page or
a list of documentation about VDT 1.2.1.
The VDT 1.2.1 cache is located at: