Note: This web site is only kept up to date for OSG Software
1.2 (VDT 2.0.0). If you are looking for information for the most recent
release, the RPM-based OSG Software 3.0, please see
the OSG documentation web site
Note: This version of the VDT (1.2.2) is no longer supported. Feel free to look through the documentation and install it, but we cannot guarantee support for it. The current stable release is 2.0.0.
VDT 1.2.2 Release
We are pleased to announce the release of VDT 1.2.2. Since this
release is part of a stable series we've tried to keep the changes to
a minimum. This looks very similar to VDT 1.2.1. If you are happily
using VDT 1.2.1, you probably do not need to upgrade.
- Several bugs in the globus-gram-reporter for PBS have been fixed. Special thanks to Fred Youhanaie from the University of Oxford for bringing them to our attention and providing patches.
- Several bugs the edg-*-upgraded init scripts have been fixed. Previous versions would not always shut down the daemon properly. Special thanks to Yu Fu from the University of Florida for discovering and diagnosing the problem.
- Previously, edg-*-upgrade scripts sometimes had trouble when running under perl 5.8 and using UTF-8.
- Virtual Data System 1.2.14
- Condor/Condor-G 6.6.7
- PyGlobus 1.0.6
- Condor ClassAds 0.9.7
- Updated CA certificates:
- Added Slovenian SiGNET CA (747183a)
- Added SEE-GRID CA (468d15b3)
- Added Estonian Grid CA, (566bf40f)
- Added LIP CA (11b4a5a2)
- Starting with VDT 1.2.2 the ClassAds library will not be built by default. The source will still be installed in $VDT_LOCATION/classads/src. If you want to use the ClassAds library you can run the script $VDT_LOCATION/classads/buildme to finish the install. This change was made to speed up installs on slower hardware.
To learn more, you can view
the main documentation page or
documentation specific to VDT 1.2.2.
The VDT 1.2.2 cache is located at: