Note: This web site is only kept up to date for OSG Software
1.2 (VDT 2.0.0). If you are looking for information for the most recent
release, the RPM-based OSG Software 3.0, please see
the OSG documentation web site
Note: This version of the VDT (1.3.6) is no longer supported. Feel free to look through the documentation and install it, but we cannot guarantee support for it. The current stable release is 2.0.0.
VDT 1.3.6 Release
We are pleased to announce the release of VDT 1.3.6.
New Supported Platform
- Vanilla ROCKS 3.3. The VDT does not support Scientific Linux installed via ROCKS.
- Fermi Scientific Linux 3.0. This fixes previous problems with the UPS Perl.
- New config scripts configure_edg_crl_update and configure_edg_make_gridmap allow you to configure the respective daemons after the install.
- VOMS now works on Debian Linux.
- VOMS and GUMS configuration files are now saved in vdt-app-data to make future VDT upgrades easier.
- If your VDT install fails you should now be able to restart it without blowing your old install away.
- Some files with hardcoded paths, including the .la files in the globus/lib directory, were incorrect in past versions. They are now correct.
- PRIMA 0.3
- MonALISA was upgraded to 1.2.34
- VOMS 1.4.1-openssltest_2
- The new GridFTP server (from GT4) has been upgraded to 4.0.0
- DRM 1.2.7
- Condor 6.7.7
- Apache 2.0.54
- FTSH has been upgraded to 2.0.12
- The old Glue Information Providers were removed, and the new Generic
Information Provider (GIP) was added. It is installed but not configured by
default. Run configure_gip to get it
- GRAM jobmanager/reporter for Sun Grid Engine
To learn more, you can view the main documentation
documentation specific to VDT 1.3.6.
The VDT 1.3.6 cache is located at: