Note: This web site is only kept up to date for OSG Software
1.2 (VDT 2.0.0). If you are looking for information for the most recent
release, the RPM-based OSG Software 3.0, please see
the OSG documentation web site
Note: This version of the VDT (1.3.8) is no longer supported. Feel free to look through the documentation and install it, but we cannot guarantee support for it. The current stable release is 2.0.0.
VDT 1.3.8 Release
We are pleased to announce the release of VDT 1.3.8.
New Supported Platforms
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 on the IA64
- SuSE Linux 9 on the IA64
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 on the x86-64
- Many packages have been compiled on Fedora Core 4 for optimal
Due to various levels of support from our applications for 64 bit
processors, some VDT software will not be installed on these new
ports. Please see our contents page for
- Several patches have
been added to Globus, including:
- Two patches to allow the upcoming web-services version of
PRIMA to work.
- A patch to fix quoting in Condor submission files
- A patch that will allow Globus to run as the daemon user,
because it will allow Globus's persisted data directory to be
in a location that we choose. Unless the globus user exists,
the VDT will now set up the Globus web services container to
run as the daemon user.
- Apache has been
patched to allow it to accept Globus's new and RFC style
- A new script, contributed by John Weigand, to query GUMS and generate forward and reverse mapping files. This new version of gums-host-cron should be much more reliable then previous versions.
- Note to OSG users: the new MonaLISA update (version
1.4.4) contains the new VO modules.
- There is a new package called Job-Environment, which will look
for OSG environment variables in grid3-info.sh and push them
into a job's environment. It is not installed by default,
because it is specific to OSG. If there is interest, we'll
generalize the patch and install it by default in a future
- The tests that are shipped with Globus are now included in the VDT.
- A set of scripts to publish information on VOMS (and other) servers to the jClarens discovery service.
- The pyGridWare framework.
- The main index for the Apache server shipped with the VDT will no longer loose track of links to services.
- doegrids-cert-request will now work properly if certs are installed local to the VDT install.
- Several users collaborated to provide a new configure_monalisa script. This fixes several problems present in VDT 1.3.7.
- The VOMS server will now run as the daemon user instead of root.
- EDG-CRL-Update supports the new wget (1.10.2 Red Hat modified) contained in updates to RedHat Enterprise Linux and Fedora Core.
- gLite CE Monitor (INFN prerelease from 2005-11-15) 1.6.0
- Condor/Condor-G 6.7.13
- Java SDK 1.4.2_10
- jClarens 0.6.1
- jClarens Web Service Registry 0.6.1
- MonALISA 1.4.4
- MyProxy 3.2
- SRM Tester 1.1
- UberFTP 1.17
- Virtual Data System 1.4.3
- VOMS Admin (client 1.2.10, interface 1.0.2, server 1.2.10) 1.2.10-r0
- The packages required for building applications that link against Globus has changed. Instead of installing Globus-Core, you now install Globus-Base-SDK. We've also cleaned up several instances where Globus-Base-SDK was installed unnecessarily.
- KX509 is now supported on Debian Linux 3.1 (sarge).
- In order to support pyGridWare the VDT now installs (and adds to the path) a new Python binary if your native python is below version 2.3.0.
- The CA-Certificates package no longer includes the Globus CA.
To learn more, you can view
the main documentation page or
documentation specific to VDT 1.3.8.
The VDT 1.3.8 cache is located at: