Note: This web site is only kept up to date for OSG Software
1.2 (VDT 2.0.0). If you are looking for information for the most recent
release, the RPM-based OSG Software 3.0, please see
the OSG documentation web site
Note: This version of the VDT (1.3.8) is no longer supported. Feel free to look through the documentation and install it, but we cannot guarantee support for it. The current stable release is 2.0.0.
System requirements for VDT 1.3.8
VDT 1.3.8 is supported on:
- RedHat 7
- RedHat 9
- Debian 3.1 (Sarge)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 AS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 AS
- Fedora Core 3
- Fedora Core 4
- ROCKS Linux 3.3
- Fermi Scientific Linux 3.0
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 AS ia64
- SuSE Linux 9 ia64
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 AS amd64
It may work on other Linux releases but we do not guarantee it.
The VDT does not support SELinux though some of our supported
platforms (Fedora Core 4) come with SELinux enabled by default. Be
sure to disable SELinux in /etc/sysconfig/selinux before installing
We try to make all software in the VDT work on all of our supported
platforms. In the long run we succeed, but there are sometimes
problems with newer packages. Additionally, some software packages are
starting to drop support for RedHat 7. See our list
of known problems and contents list
for more information.
VDT 1.3.8 takes different amounts of space depending on the subset
of the VDT you install. The complete VDT requires at least 1.5GB.
- Pacman The VDT is installed with Pacman. For VDT 1.3.8 we require
Pacman 3.15 or greater. Earlier versions will not work.
- Perl The VDT requires perl 5.6.1 or greater.
- tar Any version of tar is fine. We do not require GNU tar.
- diff+patch The VDT uses diff and patch--any recent version is sufficient.