Note: This web site is only kept up to date for OSG Software
1.2 (VDT 2.0.0). If you are looking for information for the most recent
release, the RPM-based OSG Software 3.0, please see
the OSG documentation web site
Note: This version of the VDT (1.3.9) is no longer supported. Feel free to look through the documentation and install it, but we cannot guarantee support for it. The current stable release is 2.0.0.
VDT 1.3.9e Release
We are pleased to announce the release of VDT 1.3.9e.
VDT 1.3.9d was released on 10-October-2006.
VDT 1.3.9c was released on 16-March-2006.
Changes from VDT 1.3.9d to VDT 1.3.9e
Changes from VDT 1.3.9c to VDT 1.3.9d
Changes from VDT 1.3.9b to VDT 1.3.9c
- Added new package,
Globus-Updates that fixes
problems in globus-url-copy and globus-gridftp-server.
Changes from VDT 1.3.9a to VDT 1.3.9b
VDT 1.3.9a is a small upgrade to VDT 1.3.9. If you have already
installed and configured VDT 1.3.9, you do not need to bother
re-installing. The cache did not change, so you can only install VDT
1.3.9a, not VDT 1.3.9. There were two changes in VDT 1.3.9a:
- The configure_monalisa script fixed a small bug in the
configuration of MonaLisa.
- A new, optional, unsupported package named VDS-Worker was
added. This is a subset of the VDS that is appropriate for
installation on a gatekeeper or worker node. It is currently
unsupported because we have not fully tested it. Our light testing
suggests it works fine.
- The VDT Apache server now includes mod_php.
- MonaLisa VO modules no longer send debugging emails. From
- Init scripts are set up to start/stop in the proper order on
- The gris configuration no longer relies on the deprecated GRAM
reporter. From vdt-support
- MonALISA will now work with sites that use a pre-existing Condor
install, provided that HISTORY is set to
$(SPOOL)/history (the default) in the Condor config file.
- If you elect to install certs in /etc/grid-security/certificates
$GRID_SECURITY_DIR will be set to /etc/grid-security. It will
still be set to $VDT_LOCATION/globus/etc for local cert
installs. From vdt-support
- You will no longer see permission denied warnings from bash when
starting services. From vdt-support #1229.
- Ensured that the CONDOR_CONFIG environment variable is correctly
set in Globus's Condor job manager.
- jClarens Discovery Services registration scripts 1.3.8
- MonALISA 1.4.6
- MySQL 4.1.11
- PPDG Cert Scripts 2.1
- The jClarens web services framework now runs under Tomcat 5
instead of Tomcat 4. Tomcat 4 is no longer distributed with the
- The Bouncy Castle provider JAR file is installed just once into
Tomcat 5 and removed from any web application that is installed
into Tomcat 5. Doing so should prevent any strange (and yet
unobserved) class-reloading errors.
- There is a new, untested, unsupported package named PRIMA-GT4
which provides an authorization callout for web services
GRAM. It works similarly to PRIMA, but for web services GRAM
instead of pre-web services GRAM.
To learn more, you can view
the main documentation page or
documentation specific to VDT 1.3.9e.
The VDT 1.3.9e cache is located at: