Note: This web site is only kept up to date for OSG Software
1.2 (VDT 2.0.0). If you are looking for information for the most recent
release, the RPM-based OSG Software 3.0, please see
the OSG documentation web site
Note: This version of the VDT (1.8.1) is no longer supported. Feel free to look through the documentation and install it, but we cannot guarantee support for it. The current stable release is 2.0.0.
configure_gip - Generic Information Provider configuration script
configure_gip --vdt-install <VDT installation root>
- --vdt-install <VDT installation root>
configure_gip will look for the root of the VDT installation at
$VDT_LOCATION. If you do not have that set you can specify it
with --vdt-install instead.
- --help, --usage
Print a usage message.
The following changes will be made:
- $VDT_LOCATION/globus/etc/grid-info-slapd.conf is edited to
include the GLUE Schema.
- $VDT_LOCATION/lcg/var/gip/lcg-info-generic.conf is created with some
- grid-info-resource-ldif.conf is configured to use the generic
information provider and disable the Globus information providers.
After it is done, you will need to:
- Edit $VDT_LOCATION/lcg/var/gip/lcg-info-generic.conf to have correct
default values for your site.
- Run the following command to create the generic information provider: